Visit The Boston Globe Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Comment on this Scroll to top of page Steve Annear Globe Staff April 10, 2019 Gillette came to the defense of a plus-size model featured in a Twitter post last week after the company was met by harsh comments for sharing a picture of the woman wearing a bikini.On April 3, Gillette, which is owned by Procter & Gamble, tweeted a picture that showed model and lifestyle blogger Anna O’Brien — she’s known as “Glitter and Lazers” online — getting splashed by waves on the beach. The post was from the account of the Boston-based company’s “Venus” line of razors, a brand geared toward women.“Go out there and slay the day,” read the company’s tweet, which included both a muscle-flexing arm and camera emoji.Go out there and slay the day Glitter + Lazers pic.twitter.com/cIc0R3JfpR— Gillette Venus (@GilletteVenus) April 3, 2019 Advertisement The post was immediately met by a stream of derogatory reactions and people who harassed and body-shamed the model. Get The Weekender in your inbox: The Globe’s top picks for what to see and do each weekend, in Boston and beyond. Thank you for signing up! Sign up for… Read full this story
- Robyn Lawley Would Prefer You Not Label Her a 'Plus Size' Model
- How plus-size swimwear designer GabiFresh turns body shaming on its head
- Calvin Klein Criticized After Hiring Size-10 Model For Plus-Size Line
- Olay Getting Women To Drop Guard With Few Nonjudgmental Ads Before Nailing Them With Body Shame
- Facebook apologized after fat-shaming a model—but the damage was already done
- Poll Finds that Women Are Happiest at Size 12 (Because Cheese Probably)
- Body Image and Me: My Struggle With Body Dysmorphia
- Rick Owens Replaced Runway Models With a Step Dance Team
- If ‘Thick Thighs Save Lives,’ Why Are You Fat-Shaming Women? 5 Reasons You Should Stop
- First Drive: The Scion iM and iA attempts to resuscitate the brand, but is it enough?
‘I’m ok’: Plus-size model responds to body-shaming insults after appearing in Gillette ad have 322 words, post on www.bostonglobe.com at April 10, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.