Quang Ninh (VNA) – Chairman of the People’s Committee of the northern Quang Ninh province Nguyen Duc Long hosted a reception on April 20 for a delegation of delegates of news agencies attending the 44th Executive Board Meeting of the Organisation of the Asia Pacific News Agencies (OANA).
Long congratulated the OANA on the success of its 44th Executive Board Meeting, which was hosted by the Vietnam News Agency.
He introduced the guests to the outstanding potential and advantages of the province, as well as efforts of the locality in improving the investment, business environment and competiveness as well as supporting enterprises.
Quang Ninh is home to Ha Long Bay, a UNESCO-recognised World Natural Heritage Site with nearly 2,000 islands and islets, along with a source of coal accounting for 90 percent of the country’s reserve, he said.
Quang Ninh has focused on completing a competitive transport system serving its socio-economic growth, with the Hanoi-Hai Phong-Quang Ninh Expressway, Van Don International Airport, and an international seaport, he stated.
Long highlighted that Quang Ninh has maintained its position on the top five localities with highest economic management efficiency in six consecutive years, and topped 63 localities in provincial competitiveness index in two consecutive years.
Quang Ninh has paid great attention to tourism and services development in line with the promotion of the values of Ha Long Bay, he added.
Long highly valued the accompany of domestic and foreign media agencies in popularizing the potential and strengths as well as growth orientations of the province, expressing his hope that through the visit to Ha Long Bay, the delegation will help further promote the UNESCO World Natural Heritage Site to foreign friends.
For his part, OANA Secretary General Vugar Seidov, who led the delegation, briefed the host on major outcomes of the 44th OANA Executive Board Meeting.
He showed his pleasure to visit Ha Long Bay and explore development achievements of Quang Ninh, expressing his hope that Quang Ninh and Vietnam in general will make further success.
The 44th OANA Executive Board Meeting was held in Hanoi on April 19 with the theme of “For a professional and innovative journalism,” bringing together news agencies from 35 countries. -VNA
- Quang Ninh province promotes tourism in UK
- Quang Ninh: land subsidence drills hole in residential area
- Quang Ninh province works to preserve Ha Long Bay
- ASEM customs directors-general meeting opens in Quang Ninh
- Quang Ninh licences Thai-invested US$1.6 billion project
- Quang Ninh hosts 19th EATOF Standing Committee Meeting
- Quang Ninh Province presents ambitious support industry blueprint
- President Ilham Aliyev received CISCO delegation
- President Ilham Aliyev receives CISCO delegation
- 13th ASEM Customs Directors-General and Commissioners’ Meeting opens in Quang Ninh