Total investments into the development of Russia’s Northern Sea Route (NSR) will exceed 735 billion rubles (US$11.3 billion), according to the chief executive of Russian state nuclear energy corporation, Rosatom Aleksey Likhachev. “A federal project to develop an Arctic sea passage has been approved with potential financing expected to top 735 billion rubles by 2024,” he said in an interview with TASS news agency at the 5th International Arctic Forum in St. Petersburg. According to Likhachev, state budget funds will total 274 billion rubles ($4 billion), with the remaining investments of 460 billion rubles to be provided by Rosatom along with energy companies Novatek, Rosneft and some others. Also on rt.com Siemens to team up with Russian firm to make equipment for Arctic LNG 2 project in St. Petersburg The executive added that the corporations involved in Arctic projects would invest in creating and developing port infrastructure and adjoined facilities, which are crucial for Russia’s large-scale federal project in the region. “Ports, access ways to the ports, creating sea canals and ice-proof constructions. The state should definitely become the leading investor into such enterprises, as it is the only owner of the entire infrastructure,” Likhachev stressed. Also on rt.com Russia’s… Read full this story
- Climate change may be opening up new shipping route between China and Europe
- Melting Arctic Ice Opens New Shipping Route From Europe To East Asia
- U.K. Sending Troops to Arctic Circle to Fend Off Approaching Russian Aggression
- Eagle Bulk Shipping Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2018 Results
- African Development Bank, Mariner Investment Group, and Africa50 Price Landmark $1 Billion Impact Securitization
- Stifel’s 1919 Investment Counsel Acquires Rand & Associates
- Russia paying cost to be an LNG boss
- Will global warming open up Arctic trade?
- Arctic Cruise: New Northeast Passage voyages bring rare adventure
- Final investment decision has not been made on proposed $8 billion LNG export facility
Russia’s Arctic shipping route to attract over $11 billion in investments have 298 words, post on www.rt.com at April 11, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.