Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) on Sunday said he’s raised over $5 million toward his 2020 presidential campaign since formally announcing his bid in February. In an email to his supporters, Booker wrote that the donations had exceeded his fundraising goal for the year’s first quarter. “I couldn’t be prouder of what this team has built together in the two short months since announcing our campaign for president on February 1st, and it’s all thanks to your support,” Booker wrote. Booker said online donations have averaged $34 and that 82% of donors had never contributed to one of his campaigns before. He also reported having $6.1 million cash on hand, which could mean he transferred money from his Senate account, CNN reported. The lawmaker trails behind some of the other 2020 contenders for the Democratic nomination who have released their first-quarter fundraising numbers. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) leads the pack with $18 million reportedly raised, followed by Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) with $12 million and former Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke with $9.4 million. It’s nearly impossible to confirm such numbers at this time. But presidential candidates must file fundraising reports at the end of March, which will be made public on… Read full this story
- Biden Misses the Bus, Booker Starts to Cuss, and Harris Adjusts: The Root’s 2020 Presidential Black Power Rankings, Week 2
- Cory Booker Tells Don Jr.: ‘Kamala Harris Doesn't Have Shit to Prove’ About Being Black
- Cory Booker Accuses Journalist of Violating Constitution with Question
- ‘It’s Time for Bold Action’: Cory Booker Joins Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, Black Lives Matter for Gun Violence Roundtable
- Oscar De La Hoya says he will run for U.S. president
- Biden Pushes Back on Civil Rights Critics by Playing Up His Obama Connects, While Booker Slams Biden as an ‘Architect of Mass Incarceration’
- BREAKING NEWS: Beto O'Rourke QUITS 2020 race as campaign runs out of cash - after launching run on the front of Vanity Fair saying: 'Man, I'm just born to be in it.'
- Beto O’Rourke Quits 2020 Race
- Meghan McCain rips Booker campaign in Twitter feud: Your candidate's 'polling in 11th'
- Kavanaugh's views of presidential power drawing questions
Sen. Cory Booker Says He's Raised $5 Million For His 2020 Presidential Bid have 352 words, post on www.huffpost.com at April 7, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.