My body is my most profound confidant and ally. I’ve hurt my body psychologically and emotionally, although not physically, blaming it for not being perfect, as if perfect exists. The resulting pain has destroyed my sense of self and the love, comfort, and safety my body affords me. This pain is not entirely my doing. As a little girl, someone told me to measure my breast with a cup so that they would take its contour size and shape. This was before I reached puberty. Although my mom told me that this was a myth, it was hard to believe her when my friends constantly teased me, saying I had ‘lemon breasts.’ In college, I seemed to be outgrowing these teases, dismissing them as futile, but they only got worse. “Where is the summer body at?” “Your butt isn’t round enough.” “You’re too fat for me to be interested in you anyway.” “You should stop eating that much.” “I don’t want to make you feel bad, but you are fat, it’s all in your face.” “Do you go to the gym?” “I am worried about your health, your level of cholesterol and your heart.” “I should probably start doing some… Read full this story
- Body shaming can create lifelong problems, but who's doing it may surprise you
- Fat-shamed model tells how she lost 14st, found love
- No nose-shaming, please
- KEITA – One More Time ; Shame On Me lyrics + translations - iLyrics Buzz
- Is it shameful to breastfeed in the open?
- Body Confidence: “Am I Too… Skinny?”
- Why people are enraged at Franco Mabanta’s pro-fat shaming stance
- Waiting for the Barbarian: We can’t allow Trump’s UK visit to distract us from our own shameful treatment of migrants
- Cut Kylie Jenner some slack! I necked vodka and went clubbing just 14 days after giving birth – and even the DJ mum-shamed me
- Period Shame Is Stopping Girls Seeking Help For Heavy Bleeding And Severe Pain
Stop body shaming have 321 words, post on www.campustimes.org at April 13, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.