The director of a new film set during the early days of rave culture and the free party scene will be hosting a Q&A session at a special screening in Cornwall. Beats, which has been executive produced by acclaimed US filmmaker Steven Soderbergh, is already being hailed as a ‘euphoric’ and ‘ecstatic must-see’ movie, ahead of its general release later this month. Its director and co-writer, Brian Welsh, lives in Newquay and has invited Cornwall-based photographer and author Matthew Smith to join him on the Q&A panel. Matthew documented the early days of the rave scene in his acclaimed book ‘Exist to Resist’, about the free party scene and rise of political activism during late ’80s and ’90s and the protests against the 1994 Criminal Justice Act, which would criminalise raves. Beats, which looks set to be one of the surprise hits of the summer, tells the story of two young friends and ravers who are part of the free party scene during the same era. It has been made by Ken Loach’s 16 Films production company and released by Altitude Film. Written by Brian Welsh and Kieran Hurley, Beat’s cast includes Cristian Ortega, Lorn Macdonald, Laura Fraser, Brian Ferguson…. Read full this story
- Showcase Cinema to host one-off screening of Christmas classic
- News.Az — Your Window to the RegionLos Angeles hosts US premiere screening of Azerbaijani film "Liife-Long Mission"
- Cinema to host It's A Wonderful Life screenings featuring a choir!
- Classic Christmas films to be screened at Bristol Zoo
- “Knives Out,” “Marriage Story” will bookend Denver Film Fest’s 2019 red carpets
- Free tickets available for world’s largest youth film festival
- Belfast's Queen's Film Theatre celebrates fifty years
- Oscar predictions 2019: the films and actors expected to win
- Bristol's outdoor cinema to screen classic film for free
- Bosphorus Film Festival program launched
Director of rave film Beats to host Q&A at special screening have 300 words, post on www.plymouthherald.co.uk at May 14, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.