Football is king in Texas, but lately, track and field has caught the attention of most in the state. A dynamic dual-threat quarterback and multi-sport standout is in the middle of the track attention. Fort Bend Marshall (Missouri City, Texas) junior Malik Hornsby will try to help his track team’s 4×100-meter relay team not only win a state crown, but also set a national record. The 6-foot-3, 180-pounder was part of the team that ran a national season best of 39.99 seconds at the Texas Regional III-5A meet April 27 in Webster. It was just off the national mark of 39.76 set in 1998 by another Texas school, Wyatt (Fort Worth). Fort Bend Marshall ran its season best during the regional preliminaries. It came back the next day and won the regional finals in in another impressive time of 40.08. WATCH: The Fastest Quarterback in the Country 3,161 views 1:31 Video: Ultimate Highlights Malik HornsbyWatch the four-star quarterback sprint through defenses on the gridiron. The scary part is that the entire Marshall relay team is comprised of all juniors, including Syl LaBome, Devon Achane and Bryson Stubblefield. The team will be a part of the state meet on Friday and… Read full this story
- Mead Boys and Bellarmine Girls Win Washington State Track Championships
- Always Believe in Yourself
- Track & Field - 12 Prep Athletes Set 6 New American Records During the Last Week of April
- LSU, Alabama, now leading SEC's offensive evolution
- LSU, Alabama, now leading SEC’s offensive evolution
- Mid-majors 2019-20 predictions: What's a mid-major, anyway?
- Purdue at No. 23 Iowa: The Big Analysis
- 2009 Prefontaine Classic Had Exactly One Great Leap From Dwight Phillips
Elite quarterback recruit Malik Hornsby anchors one of the nation's fastest 4x100 relay teams have 263 words, post on www.maxpreps.com at May 9, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.