New Delhi (Sputnik): Hoping to get an upper hand against rivals like MiG-35 and Dassault aviation’s Rafale, Vivek Lall, Vice President of Strategy and Business Development for Lockheed Martin, told Indian news agency Press Trust of India that the newly designed jets would be able to operate across 60+ air stations in India. The Indian Air Force (IAF) in its Request for Information (RFI) last year had stated it envisaged to procure 114 jets at about a cost of $18 billion. The amount is billed as one of the world’s biggest military procurements in recent times. READ MORE: MiG21 Downing Pakistan’s F-16 Could Soil Lockheed’s $21Bln India Dream — Scholar “We understand India’s unique requirement and this offer is a way of showing how important India is to our company. It is a modern cockpit and has significant piece of ability to synthesize information. These are unique capabilities that we are not offering to any other country in the world”, Lall said. These jets have a superior engine matrix, electronic warfare system along with weapons carrying capacity, he added. © Photo: YouTube/Lockheed MartinF-21 Combat Aircraft Will Give India Significant Edge – Lockheed MartinIn response to some concerns the new F-21s appear similar to the F-16s, Lockheed Martin clarified that the F-21s may have a similar look to the F-16s currently being used by the Pakistan Air Force (PAF), but in reality… Read full this story
- Pentagon Gives Lockheed Martin $10Mln to Reduce F-35 Costs
- Ready to help India on Tejas and advanced combat aircraft projects: Lockheed Martin
- Boeing wants to sell world's fastest fighter jet to IAF
- Do Boeing, GE have US permission to Make in India?
- India to follow new policy of staggered procurement in militarypurchases: CDS
- Searching for Alpha - Global pension funds start scouting for opportunities in India's startup ecosystem
- HAL back on Rafale Radar, talks on for making jets in India
- Dalliance no more: How India-US defence trade relationship matures over years
- Donald Trump India visit: Crowds gather at stadium hours before US president lands in Ahmedabad
- India looking to set up separate theatre command for J&K: CDS General Bipin Rawat
Lockheed Martin Offers Exclusive F-21 Fighter Jets to India have 352 words, post on sputniknews.com at May 15, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.