Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images MacKenzie Bezos, who recently became one of the richest people in the world by divorcing Jeff Bezos, has decided that she will do something that her ex-husband never did: give a considerable fraction of her income to philanthropic causes. The Amazon founder is not necessarily averse to altruism, but his contributions have always been a drop in the bucket of his vast fortune. MacKenzie, however, announced this week that she has signed the Giving Pledge, “a commitment by the world’s wealthiest individuals and families to dedicate the majority of their wealth to giving back.” Signatories include Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, and Warren Buffett. In an open letter, MacKenzie Bezos wrote that she saw no benefit in hoarding her wealth, an estimated $36 billion in assets, for a later time. “In addition to whatever assets life has nurtured in me,” she said, “I have a disproportionate amount of money to share. My approach to philanthropy will continue to be thoughtful. It will take time and effort and care. But I won’t wait. And I will keep at it until the safe is empty.” Jeff Bezos, who came out of the prenup-less divorce with three-quarters of his fortune,… Read full this story
- Jeff Bezos unveils ambitious set of Amazon projects to take on climate change
- Reciprocity - Do You Let People Give?
- How to Hold Off On Giving Your Kid a Smartphone (Without Them Becoming a Social Pariah)
- Meaning & Purpose in America
- Sharing - The Magic Secret Is Giving to Yourself
- Becoming Your Best Self - Give Up Giving and Start Being Generous
- The Meaning of Life - Happiness?
- My Husband Just Asked For a Divorce - Does He Really Mean It?
- Resell Products - Introducing Resell Products and Taking the Confusion Out of What it All Means
- If My Husband Wants a Divorce Does This Mean That My Marriage is Really Over?
MacKenzie Bezos Takes the Giving Pledge, Whatever That Means have 313 words, post on nymag.com at May 28, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.