The U.S. has reached a deal to lift steel and aluminum tariffs on Canada and Mexico, removing a significant roadblock for congressional approval of President TrumpDonald John TrumpLawmakers release defense bill with parental leave-for-Space-Force deal House Democrats expected to unveil articles of impeachment Tuesday Houston police chief excoriates McConnell, Cornyn and Cruz on gun violence MORE’s revision of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).Trump alluded to the deal in remarks to the National Association of Retailers in Washington, D.C., saying he hoped it would benefit U.S. industries and lead to the passage of the U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement.The president appeared to skip over an explicit mention of the steel tariffs, but said the three nations had reached an agreement to sell “our product into those countries without the imposition of tariffs or major tariffs.””That deal is going to be a fantastic deal for our country, and hopefully Congress will approve the USMCA quickly and then the great farmers, and manufacturers and steel plants will make our economy even more successful than it already is, if that’s possible,” Trump said.The Washington Post reported the U.S. will lift tariffs within 48 hours in exchange for new measures that would block Chinese steel from… Read full this story
- Why are there no large anti-Trump protests in Quebec?
- AK Steel buyer warns of plant closures without stronger U.S. import curbs
- Fact check: Donald Trump made 115 false claims in the last two weeks of February
- Trump: U.S. may give farmers more aid until trade deals 'kick in'
- Video: Donald Trump Tries, and Tries, to Get Mexico's President on Speakerphone for NAFTA Trade Call
- Mexico, U.S. Set to Continue Migration Crackdown
- Clamor grows for Trump to cut China tariffs in coronavirus response
- Clamour grows for Trump to cut China tariffs in coronavirus response
- U.S. Treasury chief dashes hopes for broad tariff cut to fight coronavirus
- Trump Continues to Rebrand America As Weird and Flaky
Trump reaches deal to lift steel, aluminum tariffs on Mexico, Canada have 324 words, post on thehill.com at May 17, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.