Sanders is not the only politician pushing to erase student debt: Two months ago Sen. Elizabeth Warren, another presidential contender and leading progressive, announced a $1.25 trillion plan of her own Advertisement Sen. Bernie Sanders Attends Rally For Nevada Democrats In Las Vegas Sen. Bernie Sanders | Credit: Ethan Miller/Getty Images Sen. Bernie Sanders on Monday unveiled an ambitious $2.2-trillion proposal that, should it become law, would wipe clean all $1.6 trillion worth of student loan debt in the United States. The legislation, which would affect about 45 million people across the country, was introduced by the Vermont independent on Monday alongside Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar and Washington Rep. Pramila Jayapal, CNN reports . Sanders' Senate plan will be joined by bills in the House of Representatives from Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Get push notifications with news, features and more. + Follow Following You’ll get the latest updates on this topic in your browser notifications. With Congress split between Democratic and Republican control, the plan faces no imminent chance of passing. But it served as a new salvo in the crowded Democratic primary, with the first debates set for later this week. Sanders' proposal reportedly includes federal and private student loans… Read full this story
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren Lays Out The Stakes In South Carolina
- Elizabeth Warren says the minimum wage no longer keeps a single mother out of poverty. Is that true?
- Elizabeth Warren calls out Redskins owner Dan Snyder
- Progressives Swoon Over Elizabeth Warren’s Wealth Tax Proposal
- What you need to know about Elizabeth Warren’s positions on Puerto Rico
- Elizabeth Warren Wants Grassroots Money To Be A Litmus Test For 2020 Democrats
- Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders eyes bigger presidential campaign in 2020
- Bernie Sanders eyes 2020 presidential bid despite some warning signs
- Elizabeth Warren officially exploring presidential bid
- Audit points to deceptive practices by student loan company Navient
Bernie Sanders, Like Elizabeth Warren, Proposes 'Revolutionary' Law to Eliminate Student Loan Debt have 299 words, post on people.com at June 24, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.