This meme (above) jokes that a picture of the Hong Kong protests taken on a Huawei phone would be censured – rather than the realistic picture shown on phones made in the US and South Korea A meme circulating on social media jokes that a picture of the Hong Kong protests taken on a Huawei phone would be censured to not show any unrest. The meme imagines what photos taken on South Korean and American smartphones would look like, showing protesters packing the city. Finally it shows a picture of empty streets next to an image of a Chinese made Huawei phone. Thousands in Hong Kong are protesting an extradition bill that would allow people to be sent to mainland China for trial. The meme jokes that images of the protest would be censured by Huawei amid claims the company is in league with the Chinese government. It suggests the Chinese state uses propaganda and underhand tactics to suppress its citizens, something the protesters are deeply concerned about. President Trump banned Huawei from US networks this year over claims its gear can be used to spy on the West, an allegation that China denies. Australia and the UK then banned Huawai from… Read full this story
- Hong Kong protest organizer attacked with hammers and knives
- Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam is forced to halt her hour-long annual speech just TWO MINUTES after it began due to protests from pro-democracy politicians
- Hong Kong: 1.7m people defy police to march in pouring rain
- How a Hong Kong heiress triggered a Starbucks backlash
- UPDATE 2-U.S. House takes hard line on China over Hong Kong, Huawei
- UPDATE 1-U.S. House takes hard line on China over Hong Kong, Huawei
- U.S. House takes hard line on China over Hong Kong, Huawei
- Violent Pro-China ‘Triad’ Mob Attacks Hong Kong Protesters, No Arrests Made
- Photos: Protesters Force Hong Kong Airport to Cancel All Flights
- UPDATE 4-Hong Kong assembly in chaos; attack on democracy leader a 'chilling signal'
Chilling meme showing what Hong Kong's violent protests would look like if taken on a Chinese Huawei phone sums up why protesters are tearing the city apart have 322 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at June 13, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.