James Forsyth 22 June 2019 9:00 AM 22 June 2019 9:00 AM Share Twitter Facebook LinkedIn Email Whatsapp Quietly and discreetly, the planning for Boris Johnson’s premiership has begun. No one wants to be seen measuring the curtains, but his team are confident he’ll be the choice of Tory party members. It would be the most spectacular upset if he is not. Boris has fixed a Brexit deadline — 31 October — and time is short so his aides are concentrating on what to do when — if — he makes it to No. 10. The first few weeks in No. 10 are crucial for any prime minister, but particularly one who takes over in mid-term, without their own personal electoral mandate. Boris will have only 99 days to agree a Brexit deal that can pass through parliament, something which eluded Theresa May, with many MPs thinking that the government might collapse if he fails. So how will he do it? Or rather — who will do it? It’s well-known that Boris is a great devolver, so a lot will depend on whom he chooses as his chief of staff. But even his closest allies have no idea who this… Read full this story
- Tory MP accuses BBC of making Boris Johnson 'look like Hannibal Lecter' in bizarre spat
- Seven footballers who looked like grandads while they were still playing
- Boris played a mediocre hand badly, and the PM looks like toast
- Furious Tory MP savages BBC Newsnight for 'making Boris look like Hannibal Lecter’
- I’m furious after the council left our grass verges to overgrow – I refuse to cut it myself but it looks like a tip
- What did Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu look like before Love Island?
- What does Iowa basketball's frontcourt look like in 2022-23?
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP: What The Price Charts Look Like Now
- College World Series: Arkansas looks like a championship team in beatdown of Stanford
- I’m a doctor – here’s why the tip of the penis looks like a mushroom
Enter Boris: what his premiership will look like have 321 words, post on www.spectator.co.uk at June 21, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.