Elisabetta Pasqualin was watering plants on her terrace when she heard warning sirens and stepped out to see the crash. ‘‘There was this huge ship in a diagonal position in the Giudecca Canal, with a tugboat near which seemed like it couldn’t do anything,’’ she said. She described the ship ‘‘advancing slowly but inevitably towards the dock.’’ She said ‘‘the bow of the ship crashed hard into the bank with its massive weight crushing a big piece of it. Sirens were wailing loudly; it was a very dramatic scene.’’ When the cruise ship rammed the riverboat, she said the smaller vessel looked like it was ‘‘made of plastic or paper’’ rather than steel. Local officials said five women aboard the riverboat were injured. They said one was released immediately from a hospital, while four others were advised to remain under medical care for a few days. Earlier, medical authorities said four of the women — an American, a New Zealander and two Australians between the ages of 67 and 72 — were injured falling or trying to run away when the cruise ship rammed into the River Countess. Venice is a tremendously popular site for both tourists and cruise ships,… Read full this story
- Carnival Cruise Ship Death: Woman Falls Off Cabin’s Balcony During Bahamas Trip
- 'Cocaine Babe' Sentenced To 8 Years In Prison For Drug Smuggling Plot On Cruise Ship
- Coast Guard medevacs 89-year-old off Carnival cruise ship as it heads for Jamaica
- Business Sapphire Princess cruise ship docks in southern Vietnam Fainting, queue jumping at Hanoi’s iconic Huong Pagoda festival
- Business Sapphire Princess cruise ship docks in southern Vietnam UN allows North Koreans to travel to Vietnam
- Business Sapphire Princess cruise ship docks in southern Vietnam Preparations intensify for second Trump-Kim summit in Hanoi
- Even cruise ships can get frumpy. But look what $100 million can do.
- Watch: New Costa Venezia cruise ship built for Chinese market will carry over 5,200 guests
- 'Frightening' and 'surreal': Passengers describe 'terrifying' experience on Norway cruise ship
- The cleanest & dirtiest cruise ships according to the CDC
Huge cruise ship plows into tourist boat and dock in Venice have 333 words, post on www.bostonglobe.com at June 2, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.