Cake Box’s sales jumped by a third in its maiden annual results as a growing number of people gorged on its egg-free cakes. The chain, which floated on London’s junior market last summer, made pre-tax profits of £3.8m for the year to March, up from £3.3m the year before. Revenues grew 33pc to £16.9m as it defied the wider retail gloom and opened 27 more franchise stores during the year, bringing the total to 113. Cake Box plans to have up to 250 stores longer term. “We want quality, not quantity,” said executive chairman Neil Sachdev. Although the franchise-only model appears to be working for Cake Box, the likes of Domino’s Pizza has been at loggerheads with its UK franchisees recently over… To continue reading this article Start your free trial of Premium Access all Premium articles Subscriber-only events Cancel any time Free for 30 days then only £2 per week Try Premium Access one Premium article per week Register for free We’re glad you’re enjoying The Telegraph Register or subscribe to continue readingAlready a subscriber? Log in Register Free One free Premium article per week Newsletters and daily briefings Register Subscribe 30 days free, then £2 per week Unlimited access to Premium articles Subscriber-only… Read full this story
- Don’t want to share cake? Get a Bento
- Lola’s Cupcakes launches cupcake boxes for UK wide delivery - how to order
- What’s the recommended daily sugar intake, what sugar-free alternatives are there and how many teaspoons is OK?
- Iceland launches new 'amazing' ice lollies inspired by sweet shop classics
- An Exhaustive List of All the Easter Eggs in
- Mary Berry shares one-step carrot cake recipe
- Thom Yorke’s Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes is pretty but unremarkable
- The Great British Bake Off, Patisserie Week: did Hermine really deserve to go?
- An Indian Food Writer Breaks Free From Tradition
- Man shows how to make a mouthwatering peanut butter mug cake – and you need just THREE ingredients
Life is sweet for egg-free patisserie Cake Box in maiden results have 317 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at June 24, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.