Barcelona captain Lionel Messi has asked team president Josep Maria Bartomeu to bring Neymar back to the club two years after his much-discussed about departure in 2017, Spanish daily El Mundo has reported. Sources close to the top management of Barcelona told the newspaper that Messi and Bartomeu have been talking about bringing Neymar, currently caught up in a rape case, back to the club, with a plot to re-sign him apparently being hatched ever since he left Barcelona for Paris Saint-Germain. According to El Mundo’s sources, Barcelona is may try to get Neymar back in exchange for $135 million, plus Antoine Griezmann, an Atletico Madrid forward who reportedly reached a pre-contract transfer agreement with Barcelona earlier this year. Neymar’s personal life came to the forefront of public attention earlier this month after 26-year-old Brazilian model Najila Trindade accused him of raping her in a swanky Paris hotel room in mid-May. Neymar has denied any wrong-doing in the case, with Trindade’s third lawyer in row dropping the case without explanation. Last week, Sao Paulo police filed a slander complaint against the model after she accused police of being “bought” off in Neymar’s favour after authorities began questioning her ex-husband about… Read full this story
- The blame game: how Lionel Messi’s patience finally snapped at Barcelona
- If Lionel Messi is available Man City will be in pole position – and they’ll make finances work to land Barcelona star
- Lionel Messi ‘tells Man City’ he has no plans to leave Barcelona this summer transfer window despite recent turmoil
- Lionel Messi hits back at Abidal over Valverde sacking
- Football transfer rumours: Lionel Messi to join Manchester City?
- Lionel Messi hit backs at Eric Abidal
- Neymar return to Barcelona being driven by Lionel Messi, Graham Hunter tells Transfer Talk podcast
- Lionel Messi ‘snubs pre-match huddle and clashes with Ter Stegen in training’ in yet more rifts amid Eric Abidal row
- Barcelona in meltdown after Lionel Messi hits back at Eric Abidal
- With Lionel Messi's future in doubt, how did Barcelona become a club in crisis?
Lionel Messi Wants Neymar Back With Barcelona Despite Rape Allegations have 336 words, post on sputniknews.com at June 19, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.