Starting the session, NA Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan highlighted that the work has become a magnet attracting special attention from voters and people all over the country. It has helped raise the efficiency of the NA’s supervision work, bear a positive impact on the management by the Government and ministries, contribute to the comprehensive socio-economic development, and ensure security, national defence, and social order and safety.
The top legislator expressed her belief that with a high sense of responsibility, the NA deputies and members of the Government will bring the session to satisfactory success as desired by the voters.
Minister Lam will give explanation on a series of topics revolving around the fight against illegal drug production, possession, transport and trade; murder and loan shark crimes; trans-national surrogacy rings; abuse against women and children; traffic safety violations; and drug users that cause serious consequences.
The session will also be joined by the Deputy Prime Minster, Governor of the State Bank, Prosecutor General of the Supreme People’s Procuracy, and Chief Justice of the Supreme People’s Court, alongside ministers of Justice; Defence; Transport; Labour, Invalid, and Social Affairs; Health; Education and Training; and Information and Communications.
In the afternoon of the same day, the Q&A session will focus on construction issues, including real estate market management, particularly the handling of problems in apartment, condotel, tourist villa, and officetel management; the planning and management of urban orders; and the relocation of headquarters of ministries and sectors to suburban areas. Minster of Construction Pham Hong Ha will take the podium, with support from ministers of Environment and Natural Resources, Finance, Planning and Investment, Culture, Sports and Tourism, and Justice; the Government Inspector General; and the Auditor General of the State Audit Office.
- UK security minister says no specific threat to public this weekend
- 7 of 8 Shreveport mayoral hopefuls field questions at forum about LGBTQ equality
- Yankees’ relievers Dellin Betances, Andrew Miller do their part in securing home-field for American League
- Personal privacy vs. public security
- Brooklyn DA candidate slams Airbnb's lack of addresses on listings as 'ever increasing public security concern'
- Broncos QB Peyton Manning fields questions from 14-year-old cancer survivor at Super Bowl Media Night
- Eagles' Foles reveals his injury, Pederson fields questions on Wentz sitting out
- Tempe Public Works Department Roiled by Investigation Into Hostile Work Environment
- White House strips security clearance from John Brennan
- Minister Bibeau to visit West Africa