Under the deal, the UK Consulate General will work together with the municipal Transport Department to launch a project to develop a smart ticket system for the city’s public transport network.
It will also work with the municipal Construction Department to implement a project on developing a Geographic Information System for the city’s water drainage network.
Addressing the signing ceremony, Ngo Minh Chau, Vice Chairman of the municipal People’s Committee, hailed the positive contribution of the UK Consulate General and Ian Gibbons in boosting the cooperation and friendship between the two countries and between the UK and HCM City.
He suggested the UK Consulate General continue supporting HCM City in building and developing the smart urban, especially in the building of a financial centre, and innovation promotion.
Ian Gibbons said the UK is ready to partner with the City in fields of shared interest to bring practical benefits to both sides and contribute to enhance the bilateral ties. -VNA
- HCM City launches school milk programme
- HCM City posts continued FDI expansion in five months
- Sixth Vietnam-Japan Festival kicks off in HCM City
- HCM City to host Vietnam– Singapore Business Forum
- Cuba’s Giron victory commemorated in HCM City
- HCM City: Thousands walk for AO victims, people with disabilities
- HCM City's Bui Vien street bustles with visitors for Halloween celebrations
- HCM City hosts Vietnam-Japan festival
- Cuba’s 60th Liberation Day marked in HCM City
- HCM City: Trade fair promotes high-quality Vietnamese goods