‘It has been a wonderful journey of playing the sport and learning from every up and down it brought up on for the last 25 years at various different levels.’ IMAGE: Rayudu was snubbed by the Indian team management who preferred Mayank Agarwal as replacement for an injured Vijay Shankar in the World Cup squad. Photograph: Matt King/Getty Images Snubbed twice over for the ongoing World Cup, Indian middle-order batsman Ambati Rayudu on Wednesday retired from all forms of cricket without specifying his reasons for calling it quits. The 33-year-old Andhra Pradesh batsman was in India’s official standbys list for the mega event in the UK but was ignored despite the injury-forced ousters of all-rounder Vijay Shankar and Shikhar Dhawan. Opener Mayank Agrawal was brought in on the team management’s insistence and it is learnt, Rayudu was left quite disappointed by the turn of events.”…I have come to decision to step away from the sport and retire from all forms and levels of the game. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the BCCI and all the state associations that I have represented which include Hyderabad, Baroda, Andhra and Vidharbha,” Rayudu said in his mail to the BCCI…. Read full this story
- 'Devastated' Laurent Koscielny Ruled Out Of FIFA World Cup
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Harry Kane Named England's Captain
- Belgium World Cup squad: Radja Nainggolan's omission puts Roberto Martinez under the microscope before Russia 2018 even begins
- England World Cup squad: Gareth Southgate urges his players to ignore what is written about them this summer
- 2018 Russia World Cup: Brazil Defender Dani Alves Ruled Out With Knee Injury
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Sergio Aguero Says Club Link-Up With Lionel Messi 'Impossible'
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Sergio Aguero Says He Feels 'Like New' Ahead Of World Cup
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Inter Striker Mauro Icardi Left Out Of Argentina Squad
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Lionel Messi Warns Fans, Says Argentina Aren't The Best Nor Favourites
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Spain Coach Julen Lopetegui Strives To Match Domestic Dominance
Ignored for World Cup, Rayudu retires from cricket have 327 words, post on www.rediff.com at July 3, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.