Jul 18, 2019ESPNcricinfo staffFacebookTwitterFacebook MessengerPinterestEmailprintOur writers and reporters pick their most memorable moments of a manic World Cup What did you most enjoy? George Dobell: The spirit. Cricket has become a little more gentle, a little more decent, a little nicer since the last World Cup. It was demonstrated in the gracious manner in which New Zealand reacted to their misfortune in the final. Other teams would have taken to the courts; New Zealand shrugged it off with a phlegmatic smile and warm praise for England.We saw it when Virat Kohli asked the Indian supporters to applaud Steven Smith too. Oh, and for all the rubbishness of British weather, I’m not sure another nation could have produced the multi-ethnic crowds supporting every team and at every venue without need for segregation or concern. In that way, at least, it was a great World Cup. Osman Samiuddin: The fact that it stayed alive until pretty much the last few games of the group stages. It could’ve gone so wrong had Sri Lanka lost to England that day – and England’s own tortured run to the semis was immensely enjoyable. Andrew Fidel Fernando: The bowling. I, like everyone else, thought it would… Read full this story
- Spain receive a prize for their disappointing World Cup campaign
- A tale of two World Cup reactions: Croatia in San Pedro and England in Hermosa Beach
- Trevor Noah's World Cup dust-up missed the point about citizenship
- Rugby World Cup African Qualifiers: Kenya defeats Tunisia Saturday in Nairobi during the Rugby Africa Gold Cup
- Rugby World Cup African Qualifiers: Zimbabwe defeats Uganda Saturday in Kampala during the Rugby Africa Gold Cup
- Neymar Advert Comes Clean About World Cup Diving Antics
- Rugby World Cup African Qualifiers: Uganda defeats Tunisia Saturday in Kampala during the Rugby Africa Gold Cup
- ISIS Spent Months Pushing Jihadist World Cup Attacks. Here’s Why They Failed.
- Paralyzed soccer fan donates wheelchair to Russian man during FIFA World Cup in Moscow
- Rugby World Cup African Qualifiers: Namibia have qualified for the Rugby World Cup 2019 after winning the Africa Gold Cup
What we loved, gasped at, and were disappointed by in the World Cup have 348 words, post on www.espncricinfo.com at July 18, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.