The 16-year-old Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg set sail from Plymouth England in a $4.8 million racing yacht to attend a U.N. climate conference in New York. The latest move by Miss Thunberg has been touted by some as a sign of the teenager's all-out commitment to the environment, while others have dissed the affair as a silly publicity stunt and elitist virtue-signaling. The young eco-warrior set sail with great fanfare for her two-week voyage Wednesday afternoon aboard the 60-foot "carbon neutral" racing yacht Malizia II, which has been furnished with solar panels and underwater electricity turbines to ensure that it leaves no carbon footprint. Thunberg became an environmental superstar in 2018 when she started skipping school every Friday to demonstrate outside the Swedish parliament, and this year she will not be attending school at all in order to devote herself full-time to climate change activism. Her apocalyptic strain of environmentalism has led her to make statements like "we probably don't even have a future anymore" while she has wished that the indifferent could "feel the fear I feel every day." Swedish Populist Leader: Climate Kid Greta Thunberg a Product of PR Agency https://t.co/CliUmeY0yd — Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) April 27,… Read full this story
- 'Our future has been sold,' says teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg
- Teen climate activist Greta Thunberg admits mission to save the planet could be 'naive'
- Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg nominated for Norway's Nobel Peace Prize
- Fridays For Future: Thousands join teen climate activist Greta Thunberg in Rome
- Climate activist Greta Thunberg meets the pope
- Pope meets teenage climate change activist Greta Thunberg
- Teenage activist Greta Thunberg hopes to join climate change protesters
- Teenage activist Greta Thunberg expected to join climate change protesters
- Juncker faces Sweden’s teenage activist Greta Thunberg during climate talks
- Watch: Schoolgirl activist Greta Thunberg condemns UK's climate stance in powerful speech to MPs
Climate Activist Greta Thunberg Sets Sail for U.S. in Solar Yacht have 315 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 15, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.