Globally, digital consumers spent nearly 2.5 hours every day on social networks and messaging in 2019, according to Global Web Index’s Social Media Trends 2019 report. In India, rising usage can largely be attributed to the falling cost of data usage. About three out of five Indian social media users felt that the usage of social media has made it easier to manipulate people with fake news.On average, Indian users spent 2.4 hours on social media, in line with the global average. Over time, India and Chinese users’ patterns have converged.The study surveyed 2.78 lakh respondents across 45 countries; there were over 15,000 respondents from India.Users in the Philippines spent the most time on social media — over four hours. Meanwhile, users in Japan spent a mere 45 minutes on average.Compared to 2012, users in South Africa and the Philippines have increased their usage the highest, while the the on-screen duration of users in Italy and Spain changed the least.The graph looks at how select countries have been spending time on social media. While usage has increased rapidly in the Philippines and Brazil, growth has been relatively sluggish in India and China.The graph below plots the average time spent on… Read full this story
- Unprofitable WhatsApp may hit Facebook's profitable apps: Mark Zuckerberg
- Vicky Kaushal 'elated' to spend time with Indian Army, shares post on Instagram
- Was Tiffany Invited to the Trump Family Thanksgiving? First Daughter Spends Holiday With Marla Maples
- Are Indian election campaigns fueled by illegal cash?
- Indian millennials addicted to smartphones, spend one-third of their waking hours on WhatsApp, FB
- Cherokee Students Advance To Regional Social Studies Fair
- What were we thinking? The worst trends of the decade – ranked!
- Cybercrime experts across India tell us how to pad-up our online security
- How to Get More Likes and Shares on Facebook, According to Researchers
- Who Is The Mystery Girl on The Sunrisers Hyderabad Table During the IPL 2020 Auction?
How much time do Indians spend on social media? have 318 words, post on www.thehindu.com at August 21, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.