By Emma Ailes Published 5 August 2019 Share close Share page Copy link About sharing A woman conceived by rape wants her father brought to justice in a so-called “victimless prosecution”, in one of the first cases of its kind, the BBC has learned. “Vicky” says her mother was under the age of consent when a family friend she claims was in his 30s raped her. She says her birth is proof of the crime and wants DNA testing to convict her dad of unlawful sexual intercourse. West Midlands Police says the law does not recognise her as a victim. Vicky – not her real name – from Birmingham, was adopted in the 1970s at seven months old. Aged 18, she began searching for her birth mother and discovered from a social worker and her social services records that her conception was a result of rape. “My birth mum had been 13 – a schoolgirl – and my birth dad was a family friend who was in his 30s,” Vicky explains to the BBC’s Victoria Derbyshire programme. “The records said she’d gone to babysit at his house, and he raped her. It says in seven different places in the files… Read full this story
- ‘Golden State Killer’ Suspect Arrested — Thanks to DNA Websites
- Fertility doctor is father to 11 of clients' kids, lawsuit says
- 4,000-Year-Old Mummies Are Half Brothers, DNA Analysis Shows
- DNA reveals child of Neanderthal and Denisovan
- A Woman Made A Shocking Discovery About Her Father After Taking A DNA Test
- A Tube of DNA? Not Pretty, but That’s Life
- Is your underwear helping or hurting your chances of becoming a father?
- Beyonce's father Mathew Knowles, 67, reveals he has breast cancer
- New online registry would tackle DNA evidence in rape kit backlog
- Justice expanding DNA collection to include illegal immigrants
'I am DNA proof my father is a rapist' have 289 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at August 5, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.