A London Metropolitan Police officer is under investigation after appearing as a contestant on Big Brother in Nigeria without permission. Khafi Kareem, who is currently serving as a police constable, reportedly requested permission to take part in Big Brother Naija which is currently filming in Abuja but was refused. She took part in the show anyway after taking unpaid leave for an unrelated reason which has not been revealed. Kareem was featured as part of the London Metropolitan Police’s publicity campaign to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the first female police officers in the capital. Speaking to the Guardian last year she said she had spent four years working as a volunteer special constable to improve life on the housing estate where she lived in west London before becoming a full time officer. She had since passed the exams to become a detective and was planning to take the exam to be a sergeant in the spring of 2019. Read more: Bravery by proxy: TV reality shows cast values in doubt She said at the time: “I didn’t want any career to be off-limits to me because I was a female, or a black female”. But now it seems that… Read full this story
- Big Brother UK: Met Police Chief Calls for Artificial Intelligence and Facial Recognition to Monitor Citizens
- Damilola Taylor's killer back in prison after driving into female police officer
- S.C. police officer charged for shooting caught on tape
- London police seek four men after 'racist' coronavirus attack on East Asian student
- Trial opens for Americans accused of killing Italian police officer during drug deal gone wrong
- Police clash with small group of anti-capitalist activists who target the Bank of England and London Stock Exchange on same day
- Christchurch shooting: One man faces murder charges, what happened to the other three arrested?
- When police can spy on innocent people like me, we’re in the age of thought crime
- John Chiara's camera obscura captures big picture
- How long will Mayor Lee stand behind Police Chief Suhr?
London police officer facing sack after appearing on Big Brother in Nigeria without permission have 332 words, post on www.euronews.com at August 13, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.