Image zoom Christopher Polk/Getty Images The MTV Video Music Awards have had a fair share of wild pop culture moments over the years: Madonna tongue-kissing Britney Spears. Miley Cyrus “twerking” on Robin Thicke. Lil Mama crashing Jay Z and Alicia Key’s performance of “Empire State of Mind,” and most famously, Kanye West interrupting Taylor Swift’s acceptance speech. Both West and Lil Mama’s outbursts happened on the same night in 2009, but most media attention focused on the former. With good reason too, since it’s an event that continues to shape the way we look at some of music’s biggest stars, highlighting the evolution of internet virality and remaining an influential force in the lives of its two central figures. Even after 10 years. Image zoom Kevin Mazur/WireImage So, let’s revisit it, shall we? Who was involved? At the center of this 10-year-old pop culture moment is country singer-turned-pop star Taylor Swift (who was 19 at the time), gifted but troubled producer/phenom Kanye West (who was 32 at the time), and supreme superstar Beyoncé (who was 27 at the time)…even if she quite literally wanted nothing to do with this. Other figures, like Kim Kardashian West, Jay Z, and even former… Read full this story
- Fallout 4 Players Create Kanye West, Taylor Swift Characters
- 10 years on, here's how Twilight changed cinema
- GOG's 10 year journey to bring old games back to life
- Why the founder of Traveller's Tales released a director's cut of an old Sonic game 25 years later
- After 10 Years, Sony Discontinues PSP -- What's Your Favorite Memory?
- YouTube is Still Burning A Year Later
- It's been 10 years since Half-Life 2: Episode 3 was announced. Here's Gabe Newell not talking about it.
- DualShockers’ Game of the Year 2017 Countdown: Ryan’s Top 10
- The 40 movies we’ll be watching before the end of the year
- The 10 biggest YouTube videos of all time
Revisiting that infamous 2009 Taylor Swift and Kanye West VMAs incident 10 years later have 306 words, post on ew.com at August 24, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.