LOUISVILLE, Ky. — The Latest on Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders’ visit to Kentucky (all times local): 5:25 p.m. Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders has traveled to Mitch McConnell’s home state to brand the Senate Republican leader as an obstructionist for blocking Democratic efforts to reduce gun violence, bolster election security and raise the federal minimum wage. Sanders used a rally in Louisville, Kentucky, on Sunday to challenge McConnell to “have the guts” to debate those bills. Sanders also made a pitch for his version of the Green New Deal while speaking in coal-producing Kentucky. In lashing out at McConnell, the Vermont senator took aim at the second biggest target for national Democrats, behind President Donald Trump. McConnell has attached himself to Trump in positioning himself for his 2020 reelection bid. The longtime senator has vowed to bury the House Democrats’ agenda. ___ 3 p.m. Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders has told striking telecommunications workers in Kentucky that they’re an example for workers across the country by standing up to their company. The Vermont senator is in Louisville for an afternoon rally in Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s hometown. Sanders is expected to criticize McConnell for blocking Democratic efforts to… Read full this story
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - House delays Washington return; McConnell nixes infrastructure from COVID relief bill
- The Hill's Campaign Report: Amash moves toward Libertarian presidential bid
- The Hill's Campaign Report: Pressure grows on Biden to address Tara Reade allegations
- Sunday shows preview: Leaders weigh in as some states reopen economies; Biden deliberates a running mate
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Campaigns learn to adjust to digital organizing
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Trump urges reopening: 'Manhattan much different than Montana'
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Trump doesn't wear mask as he winds down task force
- The Memo: Bannon firestorm consumes Washington
- Cal Thomas: Could Biden’s biggest threat come from fellow Democrats?
The Latest: Sanders campaigns in McConnell's home state have 319 words, post on www.startribune.com at August 25, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.