By BECKY GILLETTE Anna Childers, Apple Farm Creations, Handmade Home Decor & Personalized Gifts, D’Iberville, said the biggest advantage for her and her husband in selling on Amazon is the large customer base. Anna Childers Anna Childers started the business in 2015 selling handmade home decor such as hand-painted wood signs, wood shelves, coat racks, etc. “I love making this kind of stuff, and really just had too much of it on hand and decided to try to sell a few pieces,” Childers said. “I was actually surprised when people wanted to buy my products that I had made. Initially I sold on eBay and then Etsy. In late 2015 I received an email from Amazon inviting me to apply to join their new Handmade program.” Unlike with eBay and Etsy, she had to provide Amazon with a lot documentation. She was asked to prove that her offerings were handmade. She provided pictures of her work space, which at the time was her dining room table and a saw set up on the back porch. “I was subsequently accepted in early 2016 and I listed a few items on Amazon and just kind of forgot about it,” Childers said. “A… Read full this story
- Fangs: the lightning rise of Facebook, Amazon, Netflix and Google
- How to stop Uber, Hulu, Pornhub, and more from selling your data
- Pennington Biomedical head lays out ambitious roadmap as the center turns 30
- Need a Business Idea? Here Are 55.
- Unputdownable! The bookshops Amazon couldn't kill
- Alibaba undercuts Amazon in Europe to woo wary brands
- Awkwafina jokes she'll sell her Golden Globe award if she falls on 'hard times' as she makes history for Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical win
- Mother who launched a successful home business 'saving womens' sex lives' by selling a leading pelvic floor toner warns not doing your exercises could 'land you in a care home early'
- Amazon grime: Woman receives soiled diapers in the mail
- How a lucky Gumtree purchase turned into $20,000 profit for high-school handbag mogul Olivia Piazza
D’Iberville woman turns hobby into business by selling on Amazon have 330 words, post on msbusiness.com at September 5, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.