There are times when Eric Wood wishes he could yank off the headset he has worn since August and pull on the helmet he wore for nine NFL seasons. Every now and then, while sitting in the Buffalo Bills’ radio booth, he pictures himself spending football games in the same place he spent them for half his life: on the field. “I definitely miss playing,” Wood said. “But the things I miss about playing are the highlights. And it’s easy when you look back on it to remember all the highlights and forget about all the injuries and the way you feel on Monday morning and just a number of things that can go wrong throughout a season. “With the Bills sitting at 2-0, do I wish I was in the locker room? Many times, yes. But I’m really enjoying the stage of life I’m in now as well.” For the 33-year-old former center, this stage is for talking about the game rather than playing. Wood is in his first season as the analyst for the Bills’ radio broadcasts, working next to veteran play-by-play man John Murphy. He’s also in his first season as a game analyst for the ACC… Read full this story
- Eric Curry Returning To Gophers For 6th Season
- 'This Week' Transcript: Eric Trump, Joel Benenson, and Evan McMullin
- NCIS LA’s Eric Christian Olsen celebrates huge new career move away from CBS series
- Eric Adams Declares Victory: Updates
- How Tiger Woods' road to recovery might look, according to medical experts
- Eric Adams Is No Pragmatist
- John Mulaney (and Bill Hader) return to lift a great Saturday Night Live
- Bill Anderson Celebrates 60 Years As Opry Member: ‘I’ve Been So Blessed’
- Tom Brady and Peyton Manning will play Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson in a charity match, but what's their handicap?
- 'This Week' Transcript 8-26-18: Honoring late Sen. John McCain, Rep. Eric Swalwell and Alan Dershowitz
Eric Wood on playing career, broadcasting and Bills' prospects have 317 words, post on buffalonews.com at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.