Sport by Press Association 03/09/2019, 9:11 pm Send us a story Sign up to our Daily newsletter FIFA has unveiled the official emblem of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. The emblem was projected onto a number of Doha’s landmark venues, such as the Katara Cultural Village Amphitheatre and Souq Waqif marketplace as well as the Al Zubara Fort, a World Heritage site. Tuesday’s official launch of the 2022 World Cup logo coincided with Qatar’s Independence Day and was also shown at locations in Kuwait Towers, the Opera House in Algiers and Beirut’s Raouche Rock as well as in the Iraqi capital, Baghdad. At the same time as the unveiling in Doha, giant screens displayed the emblem at venues around the world – including Canary Wharf and Leicester Square in London as well as Times Square in New York, at the Gare du Nord, Paris and Berlin Railway Station along with Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo, Mumbai, Mexico City, Moscow, Madrid, Turkey, South Africa and Seoul. FIFA said the emblem’s “design embodies the vision of an event that connects and engages the entire world, while also featuring striking elements of local and regional Arab culture and allusions to the beautiful game.”… Read full this story
- US prosecutors allege bribes in 2018, 2022 World Cup votes
- 'Kolkata to turn into FIFA U-17 World Cup 2017 HQ'
- Messi can play in Qatar 2022 World Cup: Xavi
- Belgium coach Martinez extends deal until 2022 World Cup
- Coronavirus in sport: Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup ambassador tests positive
- World Cup 2022 ambassador tests positive for virus
- 2020 FIFA World Cup ambassador diagnosed with coronavirus COVID-19
- PSG's Khelaifi to be quizzed in Swiss World Cup probe
- On the eve of the World Cup final, Rapinoe calls out FIFA
- World Cup 2022 ambassador tests positive for coronavirus
FIFA reveals 2022 World Cup logo have 292 words, post on www.eveningexpress.co.uk at September 3, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.