Britain’s Prime Minister Boris Johnson was jeered by the crowd when he left a luxury restaurant in Luxembourg after a working lunch with EU Commission President Juncker on Monday. The hecklers were heard shouting “Go home Boris” and “Stop Brexit” while the two officials walked towards their cars. Prime Minister Boris Johnson and EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker are greeted with boos as they emerge from a working lunch in Luxembourg to discuss #Brexit.https://t.co/CxSix7It9T pic.twitter.com/rLiH1q5NmX — Sky News Politics (@SkyNewsPolitics) September 16, 2019 Boris Johnson and Jean-Claude Juncker met for their first face-to-face Brexit talks; Stephen Barclay, Johnson’s Brexit secretary, and Michel Barnier, the EU’s chief negotiator, were also in attendance. Following the lunch, the European Commission said in a statement that Juncker had pressed Johnson for “legally operational solutions” regarding the Irish backstop issue but that these proposals had yet to be seen. A Downing Street spokesperson described the meeting as “constructive”, adding that Johnson had ruled out another Brexit delay and reiterated his wish to see the backstop removed from the withdrawal agreement. Johnson is currently meeting with Luxembourg Prime Minister Xavier Bettel – and the boos were even louder as he arrived for the talks. Boris Johnson… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson resigns over ‘turd’ Brexit plan – but Theresa May WON’T face leadership challenge
- Theresa May delivers brutal slapdown to Boris Johnson saying he has ‘no new ideas’ on Brexit after he slams her Chequers plan
- Boris Johnson makes Brexit rallying cry after quitting – telling Theresa May to ‘believe in ourselves and British people’
- Boris Johnson piles pressure on Theresa May to ditch Chequers plan ‘that threatens trade deal with US’ and backs rival blueprint
- Britain 'will NEVER be free from the EU rules': Nigel Farage blasts Boris Johnson's plans take no deal Brexit off the table in election manifesto as the Brexit Party ramps up plans to contest every seat in election
- Boris Johnson's election gamble could cost him everything -- including Brexit
- Did Boris Johnson Ramble About Model Buses to Manipulate Google's Search Results?
- Donald Trump pays tribute to ‘friend’ Boris Johnson after the Foreign Secretary quits over Brexit… but he doesn’t back Theresa May
- Boris Johnson says burkas make women look like ‘bank robbers and letter boxes’ – but we shouldn’t ban them
- Boris Johnson blasts ‘pathetic’ Sadiq Khan and says he’s failing to beat London crime wave and blaming others
'Go Home Boris': Johnson Gets Booed by Anti-Brexit Protesters on Luxembourg Visit – Video have 404 words, post on sputniknews.com at September 17, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.