At a recent conference to review the bilateral cooperation, the two localities pledged to strengthen coordination to protect security and order at sea, while raising public awareness of abiding by regulations in border and marine areas.
The two sides discussed measures to address incidents based on the bilateral solidarity, friendship and mutual respect, as well as jointly work to keep security and order, prevent crimes on the sea border lines and subversive activities of hostile forces.
They will also collaborate in the search and repatriation of remains of Vietnamese fallen soldiers and experts in the wartime in Cambodia.
The two provinces agreed to step up all-around cooperation in trade, economy, tourism, culture, sports, health care and people-to-people exchanges.
Trade between Kien Giang and Cambodian bordering localities, including Kep, reached over 257 million USD in 2017-2018.
Kien Giang has stepped up tourism connection with Cambodia’s southwestern coastal provinces, while Kep province has opened tours for holidaymakers to visit the Mekong Delta province of Vietnam.
In 2017-2018, more than 7,600 Cambodian tourists visited Kien Giang via Ha Tien-Preak Chak and Giang Thanh-Ton Hon border gates. Meanwhile, 107,500 Vietnamese visited Cambodia via the two gates.
The health sector of Kien Giang provided medical check-ups and treatment for over 100 patients in Kep as well as offered free medicines and relief for 400 poor people in the Cambodian province./.
- Frontex strengthens cooperation with EU Asylum Support Office
- Western Balkan nations strengthen cooperation at Poland summit
- Europe and Mexico strengthen cooperation in aviation safety
- Autumn coats Vietnamese province in fairytale-like beauty
- MND representative receives Hau Giang national contributors
- Turkish, Russian aid groups sign cooperation deal
- Gulf countries strengthen oil coordination amid tensions: Kuwait
- Belarus, Latvia seek to enhance cooperation
- Hurricane Dorian STRENGTHENS to Category 5
- Belarus, Cuba to cooperate in science, technology