MOORHEAD — Moorhead’s Islamic community has found a new home about a block away from its former mosque. The new facility will be in the former 12,000-square-foot Moorhead Electric building at 2215 12th Ave. S. The company was leasing the building from the Lakes Country Service Cooperative of Fergus Falls, which has sold it to the Moorhead-Fargo Islamic Community Center. Prayers and services are already being held in the new building, said spokesperson Sajid Ghauri. He said their former home was on the second floor of a building, which made it difficult for older members of the center to navigate the stairways. The center was granted a conditional use permit by the city’s planning commission and city council. listen live watch live City Planner Robin Huston said the city updated its ordinances earlier this year that allows religious institutions in all zoning districts, except heavy industrial zones. The area where the mosque is located is in a light industrial zone. She also said parking should not be a problem as the 7-acre site offers plenty of room for off-street parking. Ghauri said the mosque has about 80 to 100 members, and the organization is in the planning stages of many… Read full this story
- We love our fellow Kiwis and Aotearoa, and want to live in peace in our new home
- Xcel Energy Teams Up With MACV To Provide New Homes For Homeless Veterans
- Finding new life for old jeans
- India Can Help Sikhs Fleeing Afghanistan Find a Home in Kashmir Valley
- Premier League hits and misses: Leeds must find new approach against big teams
- Malaysia's germ-busting clown finds new role in pandemic
- Northampton town centre can find 'new kind of vibrancy'
- Ground Zero Mosque On The Move?
- With Extreme Weather, Home Insurance Will Cost More. If You Can Get It.
- Get an Exclusive First Look at HGTV's 2021 Urban Oasis House — and Find Out How to Win It!
Moorhead mosque finds new home close to former location have 309 words, post on www.inforum.com at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.