TODD SMITH There’s very interesting news out about how people under age 35 are consuming news. It’s all in the palm of their hands – in their phones, more specifically! Research conducted recently by consulting firm Flamingo for the Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism revealed some insightful trends. The study complements Reuter’s previously released qualitative study, the 2019 Digital News Report, which looked broadly at news habits of the next generation. This research focused deeply on a small group: Flamingo worked with 20 people between the ages of 18 and 35, half in the U.S. and half in the UK. It tracking their smartphone behavior for two weeks, having them complete digital diaries about their offline news usage, and then following up with 90-minute in-home interviews and 60-minute “friendship trios,” which allowed for the exploration of the social side of news in a group setting. On those 20 young people’s phones, Instagram was the primary app: Every one of the 20 had it and spent the most time on it daily. News apps, by comparison, received much less usage. Apple News is pre-installed on iPhones, which helps account for its relative prominence here — but “no news app (with… Read full this story
- Nolte: Good Riddance to Shepard Smith
- Sixties pop star PJ Proby, 80, advocates marriage to girls as young as TWELVE and claims he's not been in a relationship for 22 years
- Saka revels in dream Arsenal debut as young guns shine in Europe
- Just how partisan is Facebook's fake news? We tested it
- Tyron Smith Can Bench Press 600-700 Pounds Per Travis Frederick
- MSNBC Signs Off The Cycle, Ed Schultz, And Alex Wagner; Brings In Brian Williams, Chuck Todd
- Why Does The Public Want Chuck Todd Fired From Meet The Press?
- NBA Rumors: Latest Buzz on Chris Paul Trade, JR Smith, More
- Will Smith’s Son Jaden Smith Pretends that Coconut Water Is His Cell Phone in New York City
- Geno Smith Breaks Jaw After Fight With Ikemefuna Enemkpali Over $600
TODD SMITH — The four types of young news consumers have 321 words, post on msbusiness.com at September 18, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.