Vietnam reported foreign tourist arrivals of some 11.3 million in the first eight months of this year, with significant gains from several Asian source markets, Bangkok Post cited Vietnam’s National Administration of Tourism. The standout market in terms of growth is Thai travellers, up 46.3 percent in the eight-month period. Meanwhile, the Chinese market dipped 0.9 percent. An estimated 310,955 Thai people travelled to Vietnam during January-August, with a leap expected as airlines increase the frequency of flights and push new routes to the country. Chotechuang Soorangura, associate managing director at NS Travel & Tours, said the growth of Thais travelling to Vietnam is the result of two factors: more flights and cheap prices for tourism facilities. Besides, the travel time is short while Vietnamese cuisine is not dissimilar to Thai food. From Bangkok, travellers can choose from seven destinations via direct flight. The central region is gaining popularity, with such leading destinations as Da Nang, Hue and Hoi An. Social networks mean travellers are sharing their stunning pictures of attractions online, tempting potential travellers to ask tour companies where the photos were taken so they can book a package themselves. The Thai Travel Agents Association said Thai visitors booking… Read full this story
- The top 500 food experiences ranked by Lonely Planet
- The best place to try going Thai...
- Seven distinctive dishes from Vietnam’s mountains
- Cambodian media spotlight PM Hun Sen’s visit to Vietnam
- Western backpackers spotted begging Thai people to fund travels
- A third of millennials say posting pictures on social media is as important as the holiday itself
- Virgin twin flight attendants who always work the same flights become social media sensations
- Riviera Travel reveals 2019 short haul escorted tours collection
- Six ways social media negatively affects your mental health without you even knowing
- An authentic Arabian experience may be a lot cheaper than you think
Vietnam experiences a travel bloom: Thai media have 306 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.