Vice Ambassador Pham Hung Tam addresses the event (Photo: VNA) In his remarks, Deputy Ambassador Pham Hung Tam provided information on Vietnam’s commercial fishing sector, as well as the cooperation potential between Vietnam and the US. Vietnam has exported its aquatic products to more than 170 countries around the world, with the US remaining the largest importer for years. Vietnam’s key fisheries exports to the US include shrimp and tra fish. In the first seven months of this year, the US was among top four markets of Vietnamese aquatic products, with US$802.56 million worth of aquatic products imported from Vietnam, a year-on-year rise of 1.1%. NFI President John Connelly said over the past 10 years, the NFI has cooperated closely with the embassy, trade office and businesses of Vietnam to study, and give policy proposals on market development. The NFI hopes to continue working with Vietnam to urge the US government to soon determine the recognition of equivalence for Vietnam’s tra fish quality management procedure, and wishes to step up cooperation with Vietnamese agencies and businesses in the area of fisheries, he added.
- Vietnamese Embassy in RoK protects citizen in violence case
- Public Security Minister visits Vietnamese Embassy in Kazakhstan
- NA leader meets Vietnamese embassy staff, community in Morocco
- Vietnamese, Australian top legislators hold talks
- Vietnamese Public Security Ministry to investigate missing workers abroad
- Tet gifts reach hands of poor overseas Vietnamese, Cambodians
- Vietnam wants to send more Vietnamese workers to Qatar: NA leader
- China’s Chongqing city suggested expanding ties with Vietnamese localities
- Vietnamese authorities send Essex Police list of 14 people who are feared to be among 39 dead in migrant truck tragedy - after 28 families from rural provinces come forward
- North Korea seizes Russian fishing boat and holds 17 sailors prisoner after their vessel 'violated rules of entry'
Vietnamese Embassy, US fisheries institute hold exchange have 297 words, post on english.vov.vn at September 18, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.