Vice Ambassador Pham Hung Tam addresses the event (Photo: VNA) In his remarks, Deputy Ambassador Pham Hung Tam provided information on Vietnam’s commercial fishing sector, as well as the cooperation potential between Vietnam and the US. Vietnam has exported its aquatic products to more than 170 countries around the world, with the US remaining the largest importer for years. Vietnam’s key fisheries exports to the US include shrimp and tra fish. In the first seven months of this year, the US was among top four markets of Vietnamese aquatic products, with US$802.56 million worth of aquatic products imported from Vietnam, a year-on-year rise of 1.1%. NFI President John Connelly said over the past 10 years, the NFI has cooperated closely with the embassy, trade office and businesses of Vietnam to study, and give policy proposals on market development. The NFI hopes to continue working with Vietnam to urge the US government to soon determine the recognition of equivalence for Vietnam’s tra fish quality management procedure, and wishes to step up cooperation with Vietnamese agencies and businesses in the area of fisheries, he added.
- Chinese Embassy in Japan holds reception to celebrate 20th anniversary of Macao's return to motherland
- President Ho Chi Minh remembered by overseas Vietnamese
- Ukraine’s Lviv province willing to support Vietnamese investors
- Lunar New Year get-together for Vietnamese in Australia
- Two Vietnamese sailors confirmed dead in South Korea boat sinking
- South Korean investigation into 164 missing Vietnamese students
- Vietnamese man missing after typhoon Hagibis sinks ship near Tokyo
- Vietnamese professor honoured with international prestigious math prize
- Japanese drugstore chain enters Vietnamese market
- Vietnamese students in the United States increase for 17th straight year
Vietnamese Embassy, US fisheries institute hold exchange have 274 words, post on english.vov.vn at September 18, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.