The Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn said last week he planned to build three new lithium battery factories in Britain and the party also announced plans for a string of community car clubs, where people could hire electric cars “as easily as buying a pizza.” But will it be enough to persuade manufacturers, traders and customers to switch from petrol and diesel to electric? In 2018 a total of 15,474 fully electric cars were sold – only 1.4 percent of the total – and another 59,911 plug-in hybrids. — The Nordic Reporter (@nordicreporter) September 25, 2019 Although Volvo, BMW and Range Rover have announced plans to phase out petrol- and diesel-only vehicles, the infrastructure is simply not there at present for customers in the UK to switch over en masse to electric cars. Mr Corbyn told the annual conference in Brighton last week: “Bringing our emissions down to net zero won’t happen by itself. IT will only be possible with massive public investment in renewable energy and green technology…and that’s why we announced today that the next Labour government will build three new battery plants in South Wales, in Stoke-on-Trent and Swindon.” The choice of locations highlighted by Mr Corbyn… Read full this story
- China promises subsidies to boost falling electric car sales
- Electric Cars At Auto Expo 2020: Mahindra eKUV100, eXUV300, Renault K-ZE, Kia Soul EV & More
- Find out how much money you could save on fuel driving an electric car with this calculator
- Norway and the A-ha moment that made electric cars the answer
- Electric Cars Still Face a Major Roadblock
- Michael Moore Doc Slams Environmentalists for Pushing Solar Energy, Electric Cars to Fix Global Warming
- John Lewis's outgoing chief was paid nearly £1million to go as department store chain admits sales have plunged by a third with locked-down shoppers 'buying more Scrabble but fewer sofas'
- Trade Unions must go beyond labour issues: top woman TU leader
- 'Bicycles are the new toilet paper': bike sales boom as coronavirus lockdown residents crave exercise
- Huge Traditional-Style Home For Sale In Canton
‘Electric Cars Are Going to Be Huge’ But Will Labour’s Battery Factories Kickstart a Sales Boom? have 333 words, post on sputniknews.com at October 1, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.