It was a brazen campaign to win business in China by charming and enriching the country’s political elite.The bank gave a Chinese president a crystal tiger and a Bang & Olufsen sound system, together worth $18,000. A premier received a $15,000 crystal horse, his Chinese zodiac animal, and his son got $10,000 in golf outings and a trip to Las Vegas. A top state banking official, a son of one of China’s founding fathers, accepted a $4,254 bottle of French wine — Château Lafite Rothschild, vintage 1945, the year he was born.Millions of dollars were paid out to Chinese consultants, including a business partner of the premier’s family and a firm that secured a meeting for the bank’s chief executive with the president. And more than 100 relatives of the Communist Party’s ruling elite were hired for jobs at the bank, even though it had deemed many unqualified.This was all part of Deutsche Bank’s strategy to become a major player in China, beginning nearly two decades ago when it had virtually no presence there. And it worked. By 2011, the German company would be ranked by Bloomberg as the top bank for managing initial public offerings in China and elsewhere… Read full this story
- Is Deutsche Bank Aktiengesellschaft (DB) A Good Stock To Buy?
- Memorable Christmas Gifts For Everybody on Your List
- Let the Lawsuits Begin - Banks Brace For a Storm of Litigation
- Online Banking Security - Layers of Protection
- Ding Dong Merrily on High With Romantic Christmas Gifts
- Simple Steps to Making the Perfect Themed Gift Basket
- Ideas For Buying Gifts For Men
- Wedding Anniversary Gift Baskets - 20, 25 and 30
- The Last Time I Saw Anshan - You're Always A Foreigner In China
- Wedding Anniversary Gift Baskets - Year 1-3
Inside Deutsche Bank’s brazen scheme to woo China: Gifts, Golf and a $4,254 Wine have 286 words, post on bfsi.economictimes.indiatimes.com at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.