An Australian woman lost for three days after going for a walk was found safe on Wednesday after an ‘SOS’ sign was spotted in a surveillance photo. South Australian police had launched a full three-day investigation to find Deborah Pilgrim when she went missing on October 13, deploying rescue personnel equipped with helicopter, drones, and a volunteer team. Pilgrim was found about a kilometer away from the campsite she was staying at, in dense bush scrub in the eastern Mount Lofty ranges. ‘SOS’ Neil Marriot, who owns a block of land in the area, intermittently logged onto his CCTV cameras remotely after learning of the woman’s disappearance. On October 15, he noticed on the CCTV footage that ‘SOS’ was written on the property driveway. The man promptly alerted the police, who commenced a new search. At around midnight, police discovered the woman on a neighboring unoccupied property where she had access to water and appeared ”to be in good health.” Pilgrim told local media that after partying with friends at a campsite, she decided to go for a walk but then realized she was lost. “I just kept wandering and laid low at night … I tried to stay out of the sun and stay alive, I just knew that it was… Read full this story
- Police: Missing Strafford woman found safe
- Ex-officer who killed Australian woman appears in court
- Body of missing Moulton woman found
- Body found in search for missing Wicklow woman
- Body found may be missing NH woman; son arrested in Virginia
- Police searching for missing Ventnor woman
- Forensics swarm on home of missing Paisley woman as investigation ramps up
- Car containing body of missing Paterson woman could be 'treasure trove of evidence'
- Missing Paterson woman’s car was parked near apartments for months, tenants say
- Body found in missing Paterson woman's car confirmed as Shanaya Coley
Missing Australian woman found after 'SOS' spotted on CCTV have 307 words, post on www.dw.com at October 16, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.