Memorandums of understanding being signed at the ‘Overseas Vietnamese Join Hands with HCM City Business People conference in HCM City on October 9. — Photo HCM City Remittances to HCM City by overseas Vietnamese in the first nine months of this year were worth at US$3.8 billion, a 7 per cent increase year-on-year, according to figures from the State Bank of Viet Nam’s city branch. At a conference titled ‘Overseas Vietnamese Join Hands with HCM City Business People’, Phung Cong Dung, chairman of the HCM City Association for Overseas Vietnamese, said the figure could reach $5 billion for the full year. The remittances are increasing as more Vietnamese, especially guest workers, go and live in countries around the world, he said. Members of Overseas Vietnamese communities seek investment opportunities in their homeland, which has achieved significant economic growth in the last few decades, he said. The Government has also simplified procedures for overseas remittances, he said. Relations between the overseas Vietnamese community and local businesses should be promoted for mutual assistance and sustainable development, he added. Nguyen Cong Chinh, a member of the German Overseas Vietnamese Association and standing member of the Overseas Vietnamese Business Association, said association members have… Read full this story
- HCM City promotes Vietnamese goods
- HCM City holds Vietnamese brand name festival
- HCM City towards clean energy solutions in smart city building
- HCM City struggles to stem 'brain drain'
- Traders at HCM City market plead against closure
- HCM City’s photo contest highlights women and ao dai
- HCM City to use AI to build smart city
- HCM City, Greece’s Edessa city seek stronger cooperation
- HCM City wholesale markets to ban unprocessed farm produce
- ADB aids urban infrastructure development in HCM City
Remittances to HCM City by overseas Vietnamese top US$3.8 billion have 282 words, post on bizhub.vn at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.