Swedish police said on Monday that officers shot and injured a man at the central station in the southern city of Malmo. The man was exhibiting “threatening behavior” and officers had no choice but to shoot him, police were quoted by the TT news agency as saying. Malmo station evacuated Police did not give details about the purported threats. The man was the only person injured in the incident and has been taken to the hospital. The station has been evacuated and train services have been halted. A bomb squad has been deployed to the station. More police Malmo police said it was increasing its presence at public areas across the city after the incident. “This presence will remain in place until police know more about the incident at the central station,” police said. Recent attacks: Sweden has seen multiple attacks in public places in recent years. Two people were killed and four were injured in June 2018 outside an internet cafe in Malmo when a man opened fire on the group from his car. Sweden also saw a wave of arson attacks in August of last year in Gothenburg, which, like Malmo, is located near the Swedish-Danish border. dv/rt (AP, dpa, Reuters) Every day, DW’s editors send out… Read full this story
- Police Shoot, Kill Suicidal Man on Long Island: Officials
- Man, 20s, knifed to death outside Ilford train station in forth horror stabbing in seven hours in London
- Police shoot Redwood City man who allegedly ran at them with butcher knife
- Man ‘armed with huge machete Tasered by cops’ at South London train station
- Boston sued over 2016 police shooting of mentally ill man
- Swatting Lawsuit Cites Wichita Police-Involved Shooting Record
- Former NYPD Sergeant Who Shot Man Expected to Face Evidence Tampering Charges
- Man Arrested for Alleged Anti-Gay Subway Attack That Fractured Woman's Spine: Police
- Dallas officer's frantic 911 call after fatal shooting: "I thought it was my apartment"
- Two Officers Shot, One Dead After Shooting Near Home Depot in Northeast Dallas
Swedish police shoot threatening man at Malmo train station have 325 words, post on www.dw.com at October 6, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.