Inzai (Japan), Oct 28 (AFP) Tiger Woods made golf history Monday when he won the Zozo Championship in Japan for his 82nd US PGA Tour victory — equalling Sam Snead’s 54-year-old record and adding to his long list of achievements. The 15-time major winner held off the challenge of home favourite Hideki Matsuyama to win by three shots at the weather-delayed tournament, his first outing since arthroscopic left knee surgery in August. Woods broke into a huge smile after he birdied the 18th to complete a three-under final round of 67 and finish 19-under par at Accordia Golf Narashino Country Club. “It’s just crazy. It’s a lot,” the 43-year-old Woods said of his 82nd official PGA Tour victory. His first came 23 years ago this month in Las Vegas, when he was 20. “It’s been a long week, five days at the top of the board is a long time. It was definitely stressful,” said Woods, who pocketed a cheque for �1.755 million. Woods led from gun to tape in the inaugural US PGA Tour event in Japan, which saw Friday’s play washed out by the fringes of a typhoon that dumped almost 10 inches (25cm) of rain on the… Read full this story
- 'Tiger' puts Tiger Woods' life and career back under the microscope
- Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson confirm high-stakes, winner-takes-all match
- Tiger Woods delighted to contend again after second place at US PGA
- Brooks Koepka’s nerveless display denies Tiger Woods fairytale victory
- Rejuvenated Tiger Woods eyes Ryder Cup spot as he prepares for US PGA
- Tiger Woods and son Charlie steal the show but Team Thomas prevail at PNC Championship
- Tiger Woods gets green light from doctor to 'do as much as he needs'
- Tiger Woods mania takes us back to simpler and more innocent times
- Tiger Woods Award From Donald Trump Live Stream: Watch Golf Star Receive Medal of Freedom
- Archie's first podcast! Meghan and Harry feature their one-year-old son in first Spotify podcast and coax him into wishing listeners a happy new year - as they begin '£30m' franchise by interviewing Elton John, James Corden and quoting Martin Luther King
Tiger Woods equals Snead's 'crazy' 54-year-old record for US PGA Tour wins have 346 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at October 28, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.