Lao students join Vietnamese eloquent contest The teams’ representatives pose for a group photo A Vietnamese eloquent contest for Lao students in Vietnam’s central region took place in Thua Thien-Hue province on October 18. The event, co-held by the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) and the Vietnam-Lao Friendship Association Central Committee, saw the participation of 16 teams. In seven minutes, each of the contestants shared their understanding about Vietnam, the country’s people and culture, along with memories during their stay. A team of the Vinh University of Technology Education in the north-central province of Nghe An claimed the first prize, followed by those of the Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy and Hong Duc University. Addressing the event, Deputy Director General of the International Cooperation Department under the MoET Nguyen Hai Thanh said Vietnam and Laos have nurtured a traditional friendship and cooperation over the years, especially in education and training. The number of Lao students in Vietnam has been on the constant rise, surging from about 5,000 in 2011 to more than 16,000 this year. Of the figure, over 5,000 are studying in Vietnam’s central region./. Japanese-funded project to help Ben Tre manage water resources The Mekong Delta… Read full this story
- Endangered Black rhino rescue mission ends in tragedy
- Watch live: Trump and Putin take questions at joint news conference
- Kellyanne Conway’s husband schools Trump while appearing to defend FBI raid of Michael Cohen's office
- Donald Trump may be the best thing that ever happened to George W. Bush
- Trump Under Pressure to Confront Putin After Mueller Indictments
- Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- Donald Trump’s Scottish golf course hidden fees highlight how companies are screwing us over all the time
- POLITICO London Playbook: Bercow on the brink — Customs showdown — Is Dom Raab special?
- Latest: Trump readies for summit as Putin arrives in Finland
- Trump-Putin summit: Trump says 'I really think the world wants to see us get along'
VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES TODAY have 325 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at October 20, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.