According to the Department of Plant Production under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, there were around 722,000 hectares of rice in this autumn-winter rice crop in the Mekong Delta, a decrease of 9,800 hectares compared to the same period last year and 27,700 percent in comparison with the plan. Production of this autumn-winter rice crop was estimated at 3.9 million tons, down 38,900 tons over the same period last year. Meanwhile, there were 270,000 hectares of seasonal rice in provinces in the Southeast region and the Mekong Delta, down 27,800 hectares. Production of seasonal rice crop was expected to be at 1.29 million tons, down 115,900 tons compared to last year. Therefore, this year, the Southeast region and the Mekong Delta of Vietnam has produced rice on total area of around 4.3 million hectares, down 41,000 hectares, with production estimated at 25.7 million tons, reducing 197,900 tons compared to last year. The department explained that the area of rice in the Southeast region and the Mekong Delta of Vietnam dropped by 41,000 hectares as farmers shifted to grow cultivars and culture aquatic animals with higher economic value than rice. However, the reduction in the area of rice and… Read full this story
- As COVID cases sweep the Bay Area, many fewer are dying than in previous surges
- Rice-shrimp production has good harvest, high prices
- Bạc Liêu farmers improve rice yield, quality with advanced techniques
- Can winter sports survive on a warming planet?
- Can the Winter Olympics survive on a warming planet?
- Shashi Tharoor: ‘Parliament has been reduced to a rubber stamp for the government’s legislative agenda’
- Frozen Taps, and Bone-Chilling Cold: Kashmir Battles Chillai-Kalan, its Harshest Winter in 3 Decades
- ‘It’s important’: ‘Easy’ ways to ensure your garden is in ‘top shape’ this winter
- ‘Grass will split and break’: Lawn care expert shares habit to ‘avoid’ in winter
- ‘Will make things worse’: ‘Essential’ tips to avoid a ‘waterlogged’ lawn in winter
Winter-spring rice farming areas expected to reduce to avoid saltwater intrusion have 309 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.