After collecting work from her students, a school teacher from Florida was stunned to find a sweet gift nestled inside one of the folders. Mary Hall Chambers from Gorrie Elementary School in Tampa discovered nine-year-old Parker Williams had made a very touching gesture. The youngster had decided that his teacher wasn’t being paid enough, so he secretly gifted her $15 of his birthday money to help make up for it. Alongside the cash, Parker had left a handwritten note, saying: “I don’t think teachers get paid enough for what they do so will you except this gift”. Chambers, who has been working as a teacher for 16 years, told Yahoo Lifestyle that the act of kindness gave her “goosebumps” and she reacted by giving the boy a hug. She returned the note and the money to Parker, writing a message of grattitude for him along the bottom. It said: “I can’t accept this, but appreciate the gesture, Parker. Students like you are the reason I teach.” Parker’s father, Darrell Williams later discovered the gift in his son’s school bag and proudly shared a photo of it on Facebook , where it garnered a lot of attention. One person replied: “Love… Read full this story
- We ask a teacher what they really love as en end of year gift
- McFly star Danny Jones reveals the devastating impact of his parents’ split — and how his baby boy has finally healed him
- Former students surprise music teacher who changed their lives
- Teacher asked pupil 'who else can I be a slut with?', trial told
- Teacher who called marker the 'magic pen of sex' and swore at kids is struck off
- Silver medals are not acceptable at Liverpool: Klopp warning ahead of Champions League final
- Boys will be boys... right?
- Four school boys 'rig' their yearly sports day race for the sweetest reason
- Parents on teacher gifts: 'Unnecessary' to 'nothing wrong'
- Teachers 'give pupils food and clothes'
Boy gives teacher 'goosebumps' with sweet surprise gift - but she can't accept have 318 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at November 7, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.