Indian wicketkeeper batsman Dinesh Karthik believes that he can be back in India fold for the ICC T20 World Cup 2020 to be held in Australia next year as the team;s designated finisher. Speaking to The Times of India, the stumper, who will be leading Tamil Nadu in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2019-20, starting tomorrow, he said,”We have a T20 World Cup coming up and I am definitely keen on contributing for the team in the finisher’s role. I feel confident playing that role and can also contribute when it comes to setting a good total batting in the middle-order.” Karthik has been in good touch with bat, scoring 418 runs in the recently concluded Vijay Hazare Trophy 2019-20 at an average of 59.71. TN made it to the final, losing to Karnataka. With incumbent India keeper Rishabh Pant failing to play to his potential and the likes of Sanju Samson closing in for his spot, the pressure is certainly on the young wicketkeeeper batsman from Delhi. Add Karthik to the mix and the experience of the veteran cricketer could prove to be an advantage, if Pant continues throw away his opportunities. Even behind the stumps, Pant’s glove work… Read full this story
- When and Where to Get Tickets For India vs Pakistan T20 World Cup Match | Tickets on Sale, See Ticket Prices
- Will India add these 3 players to ICC T20 World Cup squad after successful IPL 2021?
- Ajit Agarkar Weighs In On Whether India Should Tinker With ICC T20 World Cup Squad | Cricket News
- Graeme Swann Lavishes Praise On Indian Spinner Who Was Overlooked For ICC T20 World Cup | Cricket News
- IPL 2021: Ishan Kishan eyes opening slot in ICC T20 World Cup 2021
- ICC T20 World Cup: Pollard closes the door on Narine
- MS Dhoni Not Charging For His Services As Team India Mentor For T20 World Cup: Jay Shah
- IPL 2021: Form of these 5 India cricketers is big worry ahead of ICC T20 World Cup
- ICC T20 World Cup 2021 — history, full squads and fixtures of all teams
- Shardul Thakur replaces Axar Patel in India's main squad for T20 World Cup
Dinesh Karthik Hopeful of India comeback for ICC T20 World Cup as a Finisher; Should Rishabh Pant Be Worried? have 344 words, post on www.cricketcountry.com at November 7, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.