The Uruguayan-Spanish footballer Pedro Manzi joined CCFC in the previous season and emerged as the biggest goal-scorer of the competition with 21 goals. The 31-year-old forward played a crucial role in the team’s success last and believes his team might be slightly inexperienced this time around but they still have enough firepower to defend the title. Coach Akbar Nawas joined the club last year after the team fared badly in the season before that 2017-18 and the Singaporean helped the team win the title within one year of his joining. The I-League 2019-20 season kicks-off from November 30 with Aizawl FC taking on Mohun Bagan in the opener. Here are the excerpts of Pedro Manzi’s interaction ahead of the new season: Q: Being the leading goal scorer of the I-League in the last season, were you approached by other teams? Why did you choose to stay with Chennai City FC? Pedro Manzi: Yes, I received offers from the ISL and other teams and even from clubs from the other countries. But I have signed a two-year contract with Chennai City FC and I decided to stay in Chennai not only because of the contract. We are the defending I-League champions… Read full this story
- Alan Shearer sends Liverpool FC title race warning to Man City
- City fringe stars most likely to appear against Luton Town
- The next Cardiff City academy stars to look out for
- Liverpool defender Van Dijk reacts to Man City defeat to Wolves
- Badou Ndiaye is just the business says Stoke City boss
- That was unacceptable, and it hurts, says Cambridge City boss
- Lowe: 2019-20 NBA League Pass Rankings
- Big East 2019-20 predictions: Villanova or the field?
- Pac-12 2019-20 predictions: Is the Pac-12 really back?
- 2019-20 College basketball preview: Preseason picks, rankings, complete coverage
I-League 2019-20: Not easy to defend title but we are ready for challenge, says Chennai City FC star striker Pedro Manzi have 298 words, post on www.mykhel.com at November 27, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.