India scored 85 runs for the loss of just one wicket in the afternoon session, making use of what’s now a better pitch to bat on. The session saw both Mayank Agarwal and Virat Kohli get to their fifties but only Kohli managed to carry on, his battle with Shannon Gabriel underlining thTest cricket in this session.
The session started with a bouncer from Gabriel to Kohli, the latter gloving it down leg to get India going in the afternoon. But when the length was fuller, Kohli pasted drives on either side of the wicket, his only mistake against him coming off a delivery that seamed in and cut him into half.
Jason Holder had Kohli troubled couple of times outside off-stump and Kemar Roach nearly had him caught at gully, much like how he got out in the first Test in Antigua. But that aside, Kohli has looked settled and quick.
Mayank started the session nudging singles, with his first boundary in the session coming off a thick inside edge against Roach that flew over the leg-stump. He got to his third Test fifty soon after, overturned an on-field leg-before decision off Roach again, and was then caught off the outside edge off Holder at slip. It was a busy few minutes for Mayank at the crease but he fell after a good opening innings of 55.
Ajinkya Rahane has come in and steadied one end. He was tested mostly on his back foot by the West Indies fast bowlers and alongside Kohli will hold key to India’s first innings total in Jamaica.
Brief Scores: India 157/3 (Mayank Agarwal 55, Virat Kohli 52*; Jason Holder 2-26) vs West Indies.
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Review: Mount Irvine Bay Resort, Tobago, West Indies
- HLN’s Dr. Drew Hospitalized After Picking Up Nasty-Sounding Bug In West Indies
- The Helen of the West Indies: Derek Walcott’s St. Lucia
- Skipper Virat Kohli's praise icing on cake for Hanuma Vihari
- Virat Kohli Needs to Improve Poor Technique, Says Geoffrey Boycott
- Huge fire decimates another East Bay apartment complex under construction
- First evidence found of West Nile Virus in Contra Costa County
- Meteor shower set to dazzle Bay Area night sky
- Motorcyclist dies on Bay Bridge, creating traffic nightmare coming into SF
- Things to Do and Where to Stay in Koh Lanta, Thailand