Lionel Messi is returning to the Argentina national team for two games in November. © AFP Lionel Messi was called up by Argentina on Thursday for friendly games against Brazil and Uruguay next month, the country’s football association announced on Twitter. Lionel Messi has not played for Argentina since he was sent off against Chile in their victorious third-place play-off match in the Copa America on July 7. The striker was then handed a three-month suspension for comments he made after the game, in which he accused CONMEBOL, the governing body of South American football, of corruption.In-form Manchester City forward Sergio Aguero has been recalled after missing out on the last four friendlies, while Manchester United defender Marcos Rojo remains in the squad following his surprise recall after the Copa America.In Messi’s absence, Argentina have played four friendlies, drawing against Chile (0-0) and Germany (2-2) while thrashing Mexico 4-0 and Ecuador 6-1.They face Brazil in Saudi Arabia on November 15 and then Uruguay in Israel on November 18. Messi’s ban ends on November 3.The five-time Ballon d’Or winner has endured an injury-hit start to the season after hurting his foot in August and then his thigh in September. But his recovery… Read full this story
- Sergio Ramos admits that Lionel Messi ‘makes La Liga’ but backs his right to force exit
- Lionel Messi: Barcelona squad’s feelings emerge after PSG defeat as Man City eye transfer
- Lionel Messi: Barcelona star’s anger emerges as PSG and Man City transfer saga takes twist
- Copa America 2021: Lionel Messi free kick in vain as Argentina held to draw by Chile
- Barcelona star Lionel Messi ‘talking with Neymar every day’ as PSG plot huge transfer
- Lionel Messi: Barcelona star’s father in PSG transfer talks with Neymar reunion possible
- Barcelona star Lionel Messi close to four PSG players as Ligue 1 giants 'eye transfer'
- Lionel Messi: Barcelona will struggle to meet main requirement with Man City and PSG keen
- Lionel Messi: Barcelona star’s stance as Man City present huge offer to win transfer race
- Barcelona chief Joan Laporta 'set to prioritise Erling Haaland over Lionel Messi contract'
Lionel Messi To Make Argentina Comeback After Three-Month Ban have 347 words, post on sports.ndtv.com at November 1, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.