(CNN)At least 22 people were injured when a fire broke out at a Bronx apartment building Tuesday night. Authorities responded to the blaze — which was burning on the second and third floors of the building — just before midnight. More than 100 firefighters were at the scene assisting with the fight. Thirteen officers were treated for minor smoke inhalation, the New York Police Department told CNN. Nine other people were injured, the city’s fire department said, five of whom were taken to the hospital and four of whom refused transport. Four patients taken to the hospital had minor injuries while the fifth had serious injuries. Read More Authorities were able to get the fire under control within an hour. The cause of the fire is still under investigation, CNN affiliate WPIX reported.
- Taliban kill 10 people including two NATO troops in Kabul blast
- A47 crash leaves 20 people ‘seriously injured’ after smash between lorry and bus in Cambridgeshire
- Adelaide Airport crash ‘injures four people including child after car mounts kerb and slams into pedestrians’
- Woman Killed, Child Injured in Police Shootout After Apartment Standoff
- Mexican police injured in Acapulco during protests over student massacre
- 4 people plus gunman injured in shooting at Wisconsin business
- Turkey indicts 28 people, including cleric Gulen, for 2016 assassination of Russian envoy
- Hectic rescue underway as Bahamas death toll rises to 20
- Report: Four injured by gunfire at Raptors victory parade
- Cherif Chekatt dead: Strasbourg Christmas market shooter killed by police after spending two days on the run
More than 20 people -- including police -- were injured in a Bronx apartment fire have 240 words, post on edition.cnn.com at November 20, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.