Chilean President Pinera said his country was not in a position to host the COP25 summit After street protests, Chilean President Sebastian Pinera said his country was not in a position to host the COP25 climate summit in December. (Photo: AFP/Martin Bernetti) Some 25,000 delegates had been expected in Chile for COP25, including teenage Swedish activist Greta Thunberg. “We are pleased to announce the COP Bureau has agreed that COP25 will take place from 2-13 December in Madrid,” United Nations climate chief Patricia Espinosa said on Twitter. Thunberg, who refuses to fly because of the carbon emissions involved and had already made it halfway from Sweden to Chile for the summit by boat, train and electric car when the new venue was announced, turned to social media to ask for a lift to Madrid. “It turns out I’ve travelled half around the world, the wrong way:)…If anyone could help me find transport I would be so grateful,” she tweeted from Los Angeles. Following more than 10 days of street protests, Chilean President Sebastian Pinera said Thursday his country was not in a position to host either the Dec 2-13 climate convention or the Nov 16-17 Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)… Read full this story
- OUCH: Activists Four Weeks Into Boat Ride To U.N. Climate Summit Learn It’s Cancelled
- Paris climate summit: world leaders told to iron out differences before talks end
- The key players at the Paris climate summit
- ‘Depressed’ Greta Thurnberg had ‘stopped talking and eating’ before climate activism ‘saved her’, dad reveals
- Can 'carbon law' help businesses save the climate?
- Greta Thunberg changes Twitter name to 'Sharon' after Mastermind blooper
- Opinion: We have to talk about the climate
- School's out! Jeremy Corbyn thanks children for skipping lessons as thousands of youngsters join Global Climate Strike inspired by teenage eco-activist Greta Thunberg
- First Global Climate Strike arrests in London as teachers encourage pupils to take to the streets and join mass protest inspired by eco-activist Greta Thunberg
- WATCH: Russian Pranksters Dupe Maxine Waters By Calling As Greta Thunberg Claiming To Have Dirt On Trump
Spain steps in to host COP25 climate summit as Greta asks for a lift have 341 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at November 2, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.