Chilean President Pinera said his country was not in a position to host the COP25 summit After street protests, Chilean President Sebastian Pinera said his country was not in a position to host the COP25 climate summit in December. (Photo: AFP/Martin Bernetti) Some 25,000 delegates had been expected in Chile for COP25, including teenage Swedish activist Greta Thunberg. “We are pleased to announce the COP Bureau has agreed that COP25 will take place from 2-13 December in Madrid,” United Nations climate chief Patricia Espinosa said on Twitter. Thunberg, who refuses to fly because of the carbon emissions involved and had already made it halfway from Sweden to Chile for the summit by boat, train and electric car when the new venue was announced, turned to social media to ask for a lift to Madrid. “It turns out I’ve travelled half around the world, the wrong way:)…If anyone could help me find transport I would be so grateful,” she tweeted from Los Angeles. Following more than 10 days of street protests, Chilean President Sebastian Pinera said Thursday his country was not in a position to host either the Dec 2-13 climate convention or the Nov 16-17 Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)… Read full this story
- Teen climate activist Greta Thunberg makes trans-Atlantic boat trip to attend global warming conference
- Five things you need to know about the crucial UN climate summit
- Climate activist Greta Thunberg implores lawmakers to 'listen to the best available science'
- Greta Thunberg arrives in New York for climate summit after zero-carbon boat trip
- Teen activist Greta Thunberg on how Asperger's helps her fight climate change
- Greta Thunberg shuts down heckler as she speaks at climate change rally in North Carolina by saying she could 'speak to me later'
- Trump's presence at Madrid climate change talks would be a 'surprise': Spain's energy minister
- Climate kids: Meet the global network of young activists in Greta Thunberg's green army
- Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid row over Greta Thunberg as he calls schoolgirl climate activist, 16, ‘unstable’ and says parents should send her back to school
- Russian Politician Invites Greta Thunberg to Speak in Parliament, Official Slaps Him Down, Says Look at Her Instagram Instead
Spain steps in to host COP25 climate summit as Greta asks for a lift have 355 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at November 2, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.